As a member of the NEC Group, our procurement departments will procure the necessary materials, services and so forth with the appropriate quality, price, and delivery period from the global supply market through fair business relationships while observing the relevant laws and regulations to enable us to contribute to providing products and services that are valued by customers. Such procurement activities are based on both the Charter of Corporate Behavior and the Code of Conduct of the Group.
The NESIC Group will also promote corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities for the improvement of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption and other social responsibility through the procurement activities, with the cooperation of its supply-chain partners, for the pursuit of sustainable and ethical procurement.
Basic Approach for Procurement Activities (stance regarding procurement)
The procurement departments of the NESIC Group will contribute to both increasing our corporate value and mutual growth with supply-chain partners through procurement activities.
Providing Opportunity for Fair Competition
We will make information on procurement available in a timely and appropriate manner so as to ensure fair business competition to all domestic and overseas supply-chain partners who wish to take part in business deals.
Evaluating and Selecting Supply-Chain Partners in a Fair Manner
We fairly evaluate and select supply-chain partners after a comprehensive review of management reliability, price, quality, delivery, technological capability, corporate social responsibility, business continuity and company sustainability.
Cultivating Mutual Growth
We will regard communication with supply-chain partners to be important and endeavor to have a business relationship based on trust to cultivate lasting mutual growth and prosperity.
Protecting Confidential Information
We are fully aware of the value of the information obtained from supply-chain partners through its business deals and will carefully protect it.
We are committed to conducting procurement activities based on its Code of Conduct.
Fair Trading and Equal Relationship
We are committed to having an equal and fair stance for supply-chain partners and engaging in fair trade following the relevant laws/regulations and contracts.
Prohibiting Abuse of a Superior Bargaining Position
We will not practice unfair trading such as affecting a disadvantage due to the abuse of a superior bargaining position.
Sincere Trading Manner
We will not pursue personal advantages such as unfair personal profit and/or benefits in relation to procurement activities.
Request to Supply-Chain Partners
The objective of the NESIC Group’s CSR activities is to undertake our business activities while fulfilling our responsibilities to contribute to the sustainable development of society.
It is essential for the NESIC Group to promote mutual collaboration and cooperation with supply-chain partners in order to achieve the above. All supply-chain partners are requested to carry out the following activities with a positive approach.
We also request that they encourage and supervise the companies in the upstream of the supply chain from which they procure materials to promote the following activities.
General CSR Requirements
- Actively promote CSR activities.
- Contribute to the community and society.
Product Quality and Safety
- Ensure product safety.
- Establish and apply a quality management system.
- Control hazardous chemicals contained in products.
- Control hazardous chemicals used in the process of manufacturing.
- Establish and apply an environmental management system.
- Minimize impact on the environment (waste water, sludge and exhaust gases, etc.).
- Obtain permits or licenses relating environment protection or from relevant governments.
- Promote effective use of resources and energy by reusing, reducing, and recycling.
- Reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.
- Reduce waste.
- Disclose information about environmental preservation activities.
- Protect computer networks from security threats.
- Prevent the leakage of personal information.
- Prevent the leakage of confidential information of customers and third-parties.
- Prohibit corruption and bribery.
- Prohibit abuse of a superior bargaining position.
- Prohibit giving and receiving of inappropriate profit and advantages.
- Prohibit interference with free competition.
- Provide accurate information on products and services.
- Respect intellectual property.
- Use appropriate export procedures.
- Disclose appropriate company information.
- Prevent improper act and promote their early detection.
Occupational Health and Safety
- Apply safety measures to equipment and instruments.
- Promote safety activities in the workplace.
- Promote hygiene in the work place.
- Apply appropriate preventative measures for occupational injury and illness.
- Have appropriate measures during disasters and accidents.
- Have appropriate measures for physically demanding work.
- Promote safety and hygiene in all company facilities.
- Promote health of employees.
- Prohibit forced labor.
- Prohibit inhumane treatment and infringements on human rights.
- Prohibit child labor.
- Prohibit discrimination.
- Pay appropriate wages.
- Respect appropriate working hours.
- Respect the right to freedom of association.
NESIC Group Supply-Chain CSR Guidelines <For Suppliers>
The NESIC Group regards the role of companies in global environmental protection as important, and promotes positive environment management activities.
As part of these activities, NESIC conducts procurement activities in accordance with Green Procurement Guidelines and NESIC’s Standards Pertaining to Procurement Restrictions for the Inclusion of Chemical Substances in Products, and requests that our supply-chain partners carry out the following activities.